I came across this demo quite by chance (see link above for video). These days protests materialise every week or just about. This small group of protesters from the Central Transport Authority (basically its their job to keep the govt fleet going) were outside the Ministry of Justice where they handed over a petition. Later they made their way across town back to the govt transport depot where they, presumably, went back to cooling their heels (govt can’t afford spare parts for them to be able to fix its vehicles). Oh, on the way across town the marchers passed the Principal Secretary of the Justice in his Merc when he was supposed to have been in a cabinet meeting – or at least, that was the reason given for him not being able to receive the petition. Yes, Swaziland is so small it is hard to get away with everything.
- Return visit to the Kingdom
- Where do we go from here?
- Protesters burn flag, or rather someone’s king skirt
- Reed Dance in Pictures
- Dancing to Different Tunes: Umhlanga Maidens’ Close Encounter With Dangerous Varsity Students
- Woman gives birth to 7-Headed Snake
- Swazi Police Grab Papers at Border
- Whatever happened to THAT princess?
- It is official,my phone is bugged
- Inside the Industrial Court